The Graduate Programs in HRM reflect UConn’s commitment to academic excellence, experiential learning, and globalization. Our comprehensive curriculum is grounded in academic research and designed specifically to develop strategic HR skills. Each course offers real-world, collaborative learning with high-achieving peers and accomplished faculty. The HRM curriculum reflects the skills needed for human resource leaders to be collaborative partners with senior management, including core business skills like business acumen, risk management, metrics and analytics, negotiation, and ethical leadership. The program’s cohort design deepens your education by engaging peer-to-peer learning, and expands your professional network through personal connections. Courses are 3 credits each and are offered in condensed hybrid sessions. Fall and Spring sessions are 7 weeks long, Summer sessions are 6 weeks in duration.
The UConn School of Business is a SHRM Preferred Provider.
The MSHRM degree requires 33 credits consisting of:
- Core Classes Required (27 credits total)
- MGMT 5639 Diversity and Inclusion
- MGMT 5675 Business Acumen and Strategic Management of Human Resources
- MGMT 5676 Human Capital and Workforce Capability Development
- MGMT 5680 Talent Management Through the Employee Lifecycle
- MGMT 5377 Human Resource Metrics and Talent Analytics
- MGMT 5401 Managing Risk in the Workplace
- MGMT 5650 Interpersonal Relations, Influence, and Ethical Leadership
- MGMT 5681 Human Capital and Teams
- MGMT 5805 Human Resources Management Capstone
- Electives Available (6 credits required)
- MGMT 5223 Managing Innovation and Change
- MGMT 5420 Employee and Labor Relations
- MGMT 5250 Consultative Management for Business Function Professionals
- MGMT 5678 Total Rewards and Performance Management
- MGMT 5674 Negotiation Strategies
- BLAW 5220 Employment Law
- Other graduate business courses including marketing, accounting, and finance.
The Advanced Business Certificate in HR Management consists of four HR Management graduate courses, one of which must be MGMT 5138 (Managing Organizations.) Please contact us directly if you are interested in applying to the certificate program.